A complete lifecycle management solution for fixed digital content
The Dell™ DX Object Storage Platform is designed to intelligently access, store, protect and distribute fixed digital content. From Web publishing to archiving, the Dell DX Object Storage Platform offers a powerful combination of data and storage management features through an elegant, self-managing, peer-scaling architecture.
Many businesses have massive amounts of digital records in diverse formats such as email, instant messages, documents, spreadsheets, graphics, images and videos that may be subject to industry or government regulations for access and retention. The Dell™ DX Object Storage Platform is a complete, integrated hardware and software solution designed to intelligently access, store, protect, and distribute these unstructured digital objects.
By using metadata associated with each stored object, DX Object automatically keeps data online and accessible throughout its lifecycle, enabling you to identify and retrieve information quickly and leverage your data for better decision making. Using policy-based retention, DX Object helps to meet governance and compliance needs by automatically retaining or deleting objects based on metadata.
DX Object uses self-healing functions to continuously check stored objects to detect and repair errors and to automatically reconfigure and regenerate objects without the need for IT intervention. Additional protection comes from automated replication between local clusters and across multiple sites.
Ideal for large-scale digital content and long-term data storage, the peer-scaling architecture of DX Object gives you the ability to add capacity in a modular approach without the need to configure LUNS, RAID groups or hierarchical file structures. Scale at your own pace, non-disruptively, by starting with a cluster of 2TB and grow in increments as small as 1TB with the flexibility to grow up to multiple petabytes and billions of objects.
- DX6000G Cluster File Server enables applications that use CIFS and NFS file-based networking protocols to interact with the DX Object Storage Platform to archive objects. The Cluster File Server compliments the native HTTP protocol access inherent in the base DX Object Storage Platform.
- DX6000G Storage Compression Node enables data and object compression, freeing up valuable storage space. Data and objects are compressed by the Storage Compression Node after they are stored and then decompressed by either the Storage Compression Node or client software when they are retrieved.Meta data determines if and how objects are compressed and decompressed, providing you with flexibility and control over the compression process. If an object is compressed, meta-data determines whether the Storage Compression Node uses the fastest or best method of compression. The fastest method emphasizes the speed of compression over the degree of compression, while the best method emphasizes the degree to which objects are compressed over the speed in which it takes to compress them.The DX Object Storage platform supports multiple Storage Compression Nodes. Start with one Storage Compression Node and scale to add capacity as your system grows.
- Affordable peer-scaling object storage architecture based on industry-standard hardware.
- Scale from a few TB to multiple PB. Store billions of files.
- Transparent upgrades. Add, replace, or retire nodes without any manual migration requirements.
- Cloud support. Build a private digital content cloud that can be leveraged across an organization.
- Configurable named objects, authentication and WORM features to meet specific use-case and cost priorities.
- Supported by a large and ever-growing number of independent software vendors who can help maximize your investment by using a common object-storage pool for multiple applications.
For more detailed information click here.